Monday, December 2, 2013

Daily Readings for December 2, 2013

1ST READING Isaiah 4:2-6
2 On that day, the branch of the Lord will be luster and glory, and the fruit of the earth will be honor and splendor for the survivors of Israel. 3 He who remains in Zion and he who is left in Jerusalem will be called holy: every one marked down for life in Jerusalem. 4 When the Lord washes away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purges Jerusalem’s blood from her midst with a blast of searing judgment, 5 then will the Lord create, over the whole site of Mount Zion and over her place of assembly, a smoking cloud by day and a light of flaming fire by night. 6 For  over all, his glory will be shelter and protection shade from the parching heat of day, refuge and cover from storm and rain.

P S A L M Psalm 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R: Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
1 I rejoiced because they said to me, “We will go up to the house of the Lord.” 2 And now we have set foot within your gates, O Jerusalem. (R) 
3 Jerusalem, built as a city with compact unity. 4 To it the tribes go up, the tribes of the  Lord. (R) 
According to the decree for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord. 5 In it are set up judgment seats, seats for the house of David. (R) 
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May those who love you prosper! 7 May peace be within your walls, prosperity in your buildings. (R) 
8 Because of my relatives and friends I will say, “Peace be within you!” 9 Because of the house of the Lord, our God, I will pray for your good. (R)

GOSPEL Matthew 8:5-11
5 When Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, 6 saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.” 7 He said to him, “I will come and cure him.” 8 The centurion said in reply, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. 9 For I too am a man subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. 11 I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven.”



No comments:

Post a Comment