Monday, October 1, 2012

An aspiring singer's confession


Singing is my passion. As early as 4 years old, I used to hang out in our front house's window and sing my favorite "Da da da! which later became my identity in the neighborhood; I was usually called Da Da Da instead of my name. Also, I never failed to watch the That's Entertainment and imitate my favorite artists such as Sheryl Cruz, Tina Paner and Manilyn Reynes. While they are performing, I also sing along while waving and blowing kisses to my fans and audiences (composing of my mom, aunt, and grandmother).

My love for singing lead me to join a choir group in a nearby parish. Lucky enough, our Parish Priest that time is musically inclined so we are all blessed to be able to learn new songs and even received mentoring on voice techniques and voice quality. As the saying, "One who sings well prays twice", singing not just became my passion but also my devotion and service to God.

I always dream to be a singer and recording artist. Someday, I want my songs to played and listened by many people. I want to inspire and bless through the songs that I sing. This will be my offering to the Creator and my gift to the world.

I know that this is a very ambitious ambition. Though this might not actually happen, I could still be a recording artist in my own way.  Thanks to the social media networks like facebook, myspace, youtube, and SoundCloud, I could record my songs and share it to the world.. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment