Friday, April 18, 2014

My Holy Week Journey: An Online Experience - Day 1 Holy Thursday

I came across with pinsoflight.net, a website that provides online retreat for the Holy Week. Looking for an alternative way to reflect, I tried it for myself.


The Holy Thursday retreat started with a question, "What do I desire most from the Lord right here and right now?"

To list down my answer, I recalled what I have prayed for yesterday in each churches we visited during the Visita Iglesia:

1. I pray to be an effective and best HR. I pray that I will be able to touch and change lives through my work. I pray that I would be able to help through my position.

2. I pray to be successful in my career. I pray that I would be able to have the means to apply for the board exam. I pray that my application be approved. I pray to pass the board exam and be a licensed Psychometrician. Eventually, after that, I pray that I would be able to take and finish Masters degree, to finish my Certificate Program in Professional Education and to take various additional courses to upgrade my skills and competencies as an HR practitioner and as a teacher in the future. I pray that I would be able to have the means to enroll and finish all of these.

3. I pray for the company I worked with, I pray for its success and for all those who are part of it. I pray that everyone will work as one in planning and implementing our mission and vision. I pray for camaraderie, for understanding, for trust, for competency, for strength, for wisdom and for all the grace that we need to keep going.

4. I pray for financial blessings, for financial stability and growth. I pray that I will be able to provide what was needed by my family - own house, own vehicle, complete appliances, furniture and fixtures, security and investments for the future. I pray that our source of income will keep flowing so that we could also have the means to be a blessing to others.

5. I pray for good health for myself, for my mom and for the rest of my family and friends. I pray that God's mantle of protection be with us always wherever we go.

6. I pray that I'll be able to serve God again through the talent(s) that He gave me. I pray that my heart will never get tired of serving Him and to serve others. I pray that I'll be a channel of blessings to others.

7. I pray for the one God has prepared for me. I pray that when I meet him, he'll finally be THE ONE. The person who will be the right guy for me, the person whom I will share my life with, the person who will accept me for what I am, the person who will love me truly, and vice versa. I pray that when our paths crossed, I will know in my heart that he is finally the one, and everything will fall at the right place, at the right, at the right moment and for the right reason.

This was followed by a Scripture Reading from the book of John 9:1-12 in which Jesus healed a blind man. Again, I was asked this question: "What kind of healing do you need in your life? And are you willing to do your part to achieve this healing?" Just like the blind man, I was sent to the Pool of Siloam to do my part of healing. There I washed my HEART out of physical and spiritual laziness (sloth) and my MIND out of excessive desire for money, food, fame, power or sex (lust).

I was guided to another Scripture Reading from the book of John 13:1-15, Gospel account 
of the “Washing of the Feet” during the Last Supper. I remember one of the songs I used to sing as a choir, this was entitled Pagkakaibigan sung by Hangad. 


Pagkakaibigan by Hangad

Ang sino man sa Aki'y mananahan
Mananahan din Ako sa kanya.
At kung siya'y mamunga nang masagana,
Siya sa Ama'y nagbigay ng karangalan.

Mula ngayon kayo'y Aking kaibigan
Hinango sa dilim at kababaan.
Ang kaibiga'y mag-aalay ng sarili niyang buhay;
Walang hihigit sa yaring pag-aalay.

Kung paanong mahal Ako ng Aking Ama,
Sa inyo'y Aking ipinadarama.
Sa pag-ibig Ko, kayo sana ay manahan,
At bilin Ko sa inyo ay magmahalan.

Pinili ka't hinirang upang mahalin
Nang mamunga't bunga mo'y panatilihin.
Humayo ka't mamunga nang masagana,
Kagalakang walang hanggang ipamamana

The act of washing of the feet teaches us the value of humility and shows us how to embrace someone else’s humanity, accept our differences, and forgive another person’s flaws. As I close my eyes, I recalled those persons who hurted me the most and caused me so much pain. Jesus invited me to wash their feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment