Saturday, May 28, 2016

Daily Readings for May 28, 2016

1ST READING

We must learn how to pray in the Holy Spirit. This is the prayer that always comes to the attention of God because the Holy Spirit is the one whotakes it to Him. Praying under the guidance of the Holy Spirit leads us to obey the will of God for our lives. We can know for sure that God will answer these prayers because they are His will for us.

Jude 17, 20-25
17 Beloved, remember the words spoken beforehand by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. 20 Build yourselves up in your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit. 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 22 On those who waver, have mercy; 23 save others by snatching them out of the fire; on others have mercy with fear, abhorring even the outer garment stained by the flesh. 24 To the one who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you unblemished and exultant, in the presence of his glory, 25 to the only God, our savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord be glory, majesty, power, and authority from ages past, now, and for ages to come. Amen.


P S A L M

Psalm 63:2, 3-4, 5-6

R: My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.

1 [2] O God, you are my God whom I seek; for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water. (R) 2 [3] Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary to see your power and your glory, 3 [4] for your kindness is a greater good than life; my lips shall glorify you. (R) 4 [5] Thus will I bless you while I live; lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name. 5 [6] As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied, and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you. (R)


GOSPEL 

Jesus does not enter into an argument that has no clear solution. So He poses a challenging question that “takes the wind out of the sails” of His opponents. Sometimes it is better to walk away from an argument if there is no proper engagement in dialogue. Many people want the debate to be on their terms and are not willing to concede to the logical argument. Having this sort of an argument is a waste of time.

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Mark 11:27-33
27 Jesus and his disciples returned once more to Jerusalem. As he was walking in the temple area, the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders approached him 28 and said to him, “By what authority are you doing these things? Or who gave you this authority to do them?” 29 Jesus said to them, “I shall ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things. 30 Was John’s baptism of heavenly or of human origin? Answer me.” 31 They discussed this among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘Of heavenly origin,’ he will say, ‘Then why did you not believe him?’ 32 But shall we say, ‘Of human origin?”— they feared the crowd, for they all thought John really was a prophet. 33 So they said to Jesus in reply, “We do not know.” Then Jesus said to them, “Neither shall I tell you by what authority I do these things.”


No comments:

Post a Comment