Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Exhausted

It’s a tough time at work. I have tasks still haven’t started til now. I have missed deadlines and praying that they would just forget about it. Requests here and there. Meetings. Hiring. Memo. HR Audit. Timekeeping. Name it, they are all listed in my notebook, trying to finish as many as I could for a day. 

I wanted to stop time from running so fast. I wanted to embrace the days so I could prevent the payroll cut-off, which consumes 3 days of my 2-week work periods, from coming. Everything seems to get out of hand. I wondered how I managed everything before. Then I remembered the daily overstay, the Saturdays and even Sundays at work or if I don’t feel staying at the office I will just bring the documents at home during weekends. But this board exam review things changed everything. I have to go home on the dot because my books are waiting for me at home. My weekends were spent entirely at home so I could catch up with my self-made review schedule. 

The 8-hour daily working hours is not sufficient enough to work on and finish everything in my “daily to do’s”. Right now, I’m frustrated. I know this day will come that I will feel exhausted and yet have not completed my targets for the day. I know what I’m doing right now is just fair- leaving the office on time, staying at home on weekends, but I felt guilty of not finishing what I should have done during those “extra times”.  Is it just the time is not enough, or the tasks are already overflowing, or I’m just not effective enough. I don’t know.

Then I remembered a colleague who once told me, that during his tough times at work, whenever he feels what I’m feeling right now, he will just say to himself that there’s somebody in the office who is also enduring this overwhelming tasks at work. And he said that that was me. I was amazed upon hearing that because I never expected someone as accomplished as him to draw “inspiration (to keep going)” from how he sees me at work. 

He made me I realize, I just need to go on. I did my best. And that’s enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment