Sunday, November 10, 2013

Daily Readings for November 11, 2013

1ST READING Wisdom 1:1-7
1 Love justice, you who judge the earth; think of the Lord in goodness, and seek him in integrity of heart; 2 Because he is found by those who test him not, and he manifests himself to those who do not disbelieve him. 3 For perverse counsels separate a man from God, and his power, put to the proof, rebukes the foolhardy; 4 because into a soul that plots evil, wisdom enters not, nor dwells she in a body under debt of sin. 5 For the Holy Spirit of discipline flees deceit and withdraws from senseless counsels; and when injustice occurs it is rebuked. 6 For wisdom is a kindly spirit, yet she acquits not the blasphemer of his guilty lips; Because God is the witness of his inmost self and the sure observer of his heart and the listener to his tongue. 7 For the Spirit of the Lord fills the world, is all-embracing, and knows what man says.

P S A L M Psalm 139:1-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-10
R: Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
1 O Lord, you have probed me and you know me; 2 you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. 3 My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar. (R) 
4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know the whole of it. 5 Behind me and before, you hem me in and rest your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; too lofty for me to attain. (R) 
7 Where can I go from your spirit? From your presence where can I flee? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I sink to the nether world, you are present there. (R) 
9 If I take the wings of the dawn, if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea, 10 even there your hand shall guide me, and your right hand hold me fast. (R)

GOSPEL Luke 17:1-6
1 Jesus said to his disciples, “Things that cause sin will inevitably occur, but woe to the person through whom they occur. 2 It would be better for him if a millstone were put around his neck and he be thrown into the sea than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. 3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4 And if he wrongs you seven times in one day and returns to you seven times saying, ‘I am sorry,’ you should forgive him.” 5 And the Apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” 6 The Lord replied, “If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.”




No comments:

Post a Comment